@Officialjuday (Twitter)

@officialjuday

@officialjuday
Instagram: @officialjuday
>

BET ON YOUR BABY EVERY SATURDAY NIGHTS ON ABS-CBN!....... .... .........

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Judy Ann, Ryan in festival movie


by Joseph Peter R. Conzalez

After Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo and Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo which were both top-grossing entries in previous Metro Manila Film Festival events, the husband and wife team of Ryan Agoncillo and Judy Ann Santos returns in another potential hit, OctoArts’ My House Husband (Ikaw Na!).

“Yes! This is still under the helm of Direk Jose Javier Reyes. But just to clarify things, this is not a sequel to KKK and SSS. It has an entirely different story but is as definitely entertaining and interesting,” starts Ryan.

“That’s true!” seconds Juday. “People might think this is a continuation of our first two MMFF entries, but no. However, it’s a fine substitute. Also a drama-comedy, the situations presented here are so real. Married couples will surely learn a lot from the movie!”

Many ask if there were changes in their working relationship now as compared to those times when they were still steadies.

“Nothing huge actually,” avers Ryan. “Perhaps, now, it’s more mature. Like, if before, I can leave the set if my scenes were already shot, now, I still wait for her. We also don’t bring the characters at home since if we arrive there, we assume the role of parents. I can say our relationship has already evolved!”

“In our previous films together, Ry and I just throw lines at each other. Now, there’s really more emotion involved when we do scenes being husband and wife off cam. Personally, I didn’t imagine we’ll reach this stage where we have kids already. There’s just one scene in the film which I found hard to do: when I shouted at Ry’s character! It’s because I don’t do it in real life,” reveals Judy Ann.

My House Husband (Ikaw Na!) tackles a timely theme. In contemporary times, there are lots of husbands who are forced to stay at home because of circumstance or choice. If ever it happens to him in real life (which he hopes and prays won’t), Ryan is sure that: “My wife won’t maltreat me! That’s one thing I’m definite about. Juday is not the type who will henpeck her hubby.”

Sharing stellar billing with them in the project is Eugene Domingo who has the reputation of stealing scenes effortlessly from her co-stars because of her top-notch acting skills. Some quarters ask how Juday put up with it.

“Actually, it’s Ry who has more scenes with Uge. She’s a kept woman in the story. We have minimal encounters here. But as for the ‘upstaging’ issue, I think Direk Joey didn’t allow that to happen. I have high respect for Uge’s talent,” she states.

“The character of Eugene is important in driving home one of the film’s messages about gender sensitivity. Through her, my character was able to understand and respect the plight of mistresses. The same thing that she also learned to respect men through my character despite the injustice she feels towards them because of her situation,” adds Ryan.

The power couple is aware that like in the past, they are facing a formidable line-up of luminaries this forthcoming MMFF. There’s the combination of Sen. Bong Revilla and Marian Rivera and so is AiAi delas Alas and Vic Sotto’s. Not to be underestimated as well is the tandem of Kris Aquino and Dingdong Dantes and the merged forces of Maricel Soriano, Gabby Concepcion, Jericho Rosales, Lovi Poe, Dennis Trillo and Carla Abellana.

“We know! From the looks of it, competition for the box-office and awards will really be stiff. I remember the same feeling when Ry and I did SSS and KKK before. Of course, the pressure is there. But for me, it’s more on coming up with a polished and commercially viable offering,” says Juday.

All eyes are set on Ryan being the titular role. Is he expecting to romp off with the Best Actor trophy come awards night?

“Honestly, I don’t know what my chances are. If these were hosting, at least, I can gauge where I’m at. But what I assure is that Direk really focused on me, to ensure that I’d give a fairly accurate portrayal. My primary concern is for My House Husband (Ikaw Na!) to end up better than Juday and mine’s first two outputs!” Ryan hopes.


SOURCE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment