@Officialjuday (Twitter)

@officialjuday

@officialjuday
Instagram: @officialjuday
>

BET ON YOUR BABY EVERY SATURDAY NIGHTS ON ABS-CBN!....... .... .........

Monday, September 26, 2011

Ryan Agoncillo gears up for new movie



He is first to admit that he is not really an actor, but Ryan Agoncillo has so far been in seven movies, including two with his real-life wife, actress Judy Ann Santos.


The couple first appeared together in the 2006 romantic comedy Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo. The movie proved to be such a box-office success during the 2006 Metro Manila Film Festival that a sequel -- Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo -- was released the following year.

Now Mr. and Mrs. Agoncillo are working on their latest film together, which will be shown during the Metro Manila Film Festival this December.

Titled My Househusband, the movie is a light comedy about a husband and wife who have exchanged traditional roles: the husband stays at home while the wife earns a living.

Produced by OctoArts Films, My Househusband is written and directed by Jose Javier Reyes, who was behind the couple’s first two movies together.

"Direk Joey (Mr. Javier Reyes) is a cool guy. It’s very easy to work with him provided that you come to work prepared -- which should be the case anyway," Mr. Agoncillo earlier told reporters. "He knows how to strike the balance between maintaining a happy set and keeping everything running with clockwork precision," he added.

Mr. Agoncillo, 32, is especially excited to do this movie because it is a homecoming of sorts for him -- he began his acting career within the OctoArts camp via his role in the 2005 movie Kutob. "I am very happy because [OctoArts big boss] Orly Ilacad was the very first producer who trusted me enough to give me a role in a movie. It’s nice to go back to where you started, basically. I know we are in good hands here," he said.

While reading the script of My Househusband, Mr. Agoncillo said he found himself empathizing with the lead characters. "There were instances when I could relate to how Rod, my character in the movie, reacts to a situation because I feel I would do the same if it were me," he said.

Mr. Agoncillo is confident that more than just being entertaining, My Househusband gives a realistic idea of what a marriage is like. "You realize that the vow about staying together ‘for better or for worse’ is not lip service," he said. -- J. O. Valisno

SOURCE:   http://www.bworld.com.ph/content.php?section=Arts&Leisure&title=Ryan-Agoncillo-gears-up-for-new-movie&id=38906 

No comments:

Post a Comment