MANILA, Philippines - Judy Ann Santos admits there is indeed an offer from a rival network.
This was after her manager Alfie Lorenzo wrote in his tabloid column last week that he is mulling over the possibility of the actress doing projects with GMA 7 or TV5 after her show “Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala” ends.
During the press conference for the show’s upcoming finale week, Judy Ann said she’s still undecided whether she will renew her contract with ABS-CBN or transfer to another network.
“Yung paglipat o yung pag-renew ng kontrata, hindi ko pa masasagot yan kasi gusto ko munang magpahinga. Siguro, a couple of weeks. Gusto kong ibigay itong peace sa akin kasi medyo nawindang din ako for the past few weeks and I think I deserve to just relax and spend time with my kids and my husband,” she told the entertainment media on Thursday, August 15.
Judy Ann added, “Siguro kailangan ko lang magisip ng klaro kung ano yung gagawin kong susunod na mga projects in the near future.”
The 35-year-old actress acknowledged that ABS-CBN, her home for over two decades, is her “mother station.” However, Judy Ann said, “Tao lang ako. Nasasaktan din ako. Kaya kailangan ko lang magpahinga.”
Entertainment ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
In Lorenzo’s tabloid, he complained how the fans of young stars Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla claimed Judy Ann’s show will be cancelled due to poor ratings. Kathryn and Daniel have an upcoming series, “Got To Believe,” which is set to premiere after “Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala” ends.
An entertainment website also reported that Lorenzo lamented how the timeslot of Judy Ann’s show was moved to a later time to accommodate Julia Montes’ show “Muling Buksan Ang Puso.”
But Judy Ann admitted it was her decision to end “Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala” earlier.
She added that Kathryn and Daniel’s “Got To Believe” had nothing to do with her decision to cut her show short.
“It was my decision to end the show earlier. But then again, I appreciate that the management listened to what I have to say. Originally, it should be moved to the fourth timeslot. And I asked management kung pwedeng third na muna, pero earlier matatapos. And I really appreciate the fact na pinagbigyan nila ako,” Judy Ann said.
The Kapamilya star added, “Kasi, di ba, mas masarap mag-ending na napapanood ng lahat ng tao. And at the same time, yung palakpak, mas matindi pag gising ang mga tao kasya palakpak na parang nananaginip lang sila kasi hindi naman talaga nila napanood yung finale.”
The “fourth timeslot” she is referring to presumably means the fourth show after the network’s news program, “TV Patrol.”
“Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala” is currently the third program after “TV Patrol,” following Coco Martin’s “Juan Dela Cruz” and “Muling Buksan Ang Puso.”
Before “Muling Buksan Ang Puso” premiere, Judy Ann’s show aired after “Juan Dela Cruz” and before the Angelica Panganiban-starrer “Apoy Sa Dagat.”
But Judy Ann stressed that Kathryn and Daniel and their show “Got To Believe” have nothing to do with her decision to cut her show short.
“Yung 'Got To Believe,' sa totoo lang, ayaw kongmag-react sa isyu, sa kanila, kasi it's a totally different thing. Pero sa tunay na salita, 'yung 'Got To Believe' na teleserye has nothing to do with my decision,” Judy Ann said.
She added, “It’s their time to shine. Ang sa akin lang, I was gone for two years and gusto kong mamaalam sa teleserye nang taas noo.”
Biboy Arboleda of ABS-CBN’s entertainment business unit Dreamscape Productions said during the press conference that the network has offered Judy Ann to host an upcoming franchise of the American game show “Bet On Your Baby” and a new soap opera as her next projects should she choose remain with ABS-CBN.